RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Any online store that still carries WHS2011?

Diodato

Hello all,

Started immediately to play around with my new "toy", the N54L. Now I have ordered the final hardware components and have decided that the Microsoft Home Server is suitable for me (I need internal NTFS support).
I knew that Microsoft stopped selling WHS a while ago but since at work we have the MSDN subscription I thought that I can get a valid license from the IT guys. Today I have found out that our subscription level does not cover the Windows Home Server 2011...

Anyone knows of a reliable online store that still carries the WHS2011 and can ship to Europe?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmwills

• ikon

• Diodato

• brian6700

Looks like copies of WHS2011 are getting pretty hard to come by.  There are a couple available on Amazon in the US but they are over $100.

All you really need is a key.  Almost anyone could give you access to the iso image.

One that will allow me validation and access to updates. For the moment used an image coming from the MSDN subscription and some key from internet. Am still within the 30day activation period but when I receive the ordered final hardware pieces I would like a genuine fresh installation.

Looks like copies of WHS2011 are getting pretty hard to come by.  There are a couple available on Amazon in the US but they are over $100.

They sure are! Amazon IT & Amazon UK report "out of stock". A quite extensive web search reported just a few shops in "strange" parts of the world that I just don't trust.

114.95 USD is steep, and only domestic shipping...

For the moment used an image coming from the MSDN subscription

You got the iso image from MSDN, but no key?

For the moment used an image coming from the MSDN subscription

You got the iso image from MSDN, but no key?

Yes, an image downloaded from the INet, just to try it out. Didn't come from our subscription.

There was a link in another thread that still had WHS2011 for $50 but the link appears to be broken now.

I was thinking that too but the only other thread I could find took me to Newegg who are also out of stock.

I was thinking that too but the only other thread I could find took me to Newegg who are also out of stock.

Well, I wrote "Europe" in my original post but more precisely its Italy and Newegg internationally ships only to the UK and Australia.

Would work for me if anyone can buy it locally, I would transfer the funds to his/hers PayPal account and let them just email me the damn key :]