RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

System drive

geek-accountant

I am getting some other errors now. Just cleared out the event logs and will revisit in tomorrow to see what has happened. Also, the boot time is better, but connecting with the Console is just as slow as before.

On the good front, I have had the console up on my workstation now for most of the day and it is still working. Previously, the console would eventually crash.

Mike

Ok, just checked the Event log this morning and in the Application log I am getting warnings about once a minute that say:

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: CqvSvc.exe

Event Category: None

Event ID: 9000

Date: 9/6/2010

Time: 8:37:25 AM

User: N/A

Computer: NAZBACK

Description:

Exception occurred: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

Message: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {7D096C5F-AC08-4F1F-BEB7-5C22C517CE39} failed due to the following error: 80070422.

Looks like all the other errors and warnings have stopped, at least for now.

The add-ins I am running are (names as they appear on the Console):

Disk Management

Asoft AutoExit

Task Viewer

Advanced Admin Console

avast! Antivirus

Duplication Info

System Event Monitor

DA Document Manager

My Movies (will be removing soon)

Mike

On the plus side, I have not had the Console pulled up on my desktop for more than a day. That would have been impossible before. Plus moving around the Console seems faster.

I did run the error-checker on the old system drive and it found problems, so a lot of my problems might have been related to a bad drive, which was my theory and why I replaced the drive. What's funny is I must have run check disk on that drive while in the server a dozen times (at boot up).

And for my warning message, I found the command line (winmgmt /resyncperf) you can run to fix the problem. However, it doesn't seemed to have helped me as I am still getting the warnings.

Mike