RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Cyber Power UPS sale

schoondoggy

check the prices against Amazon before you buy.  It looks like the Amazon prices are equal to if not better on some of these UPSes.

I'd make sure they're PFC models if you do buy them. The consumer ones have "PFC" in the model name as well. The "giant," tower like ones look to be PFC as well. Something to verify before buying.

And comparison is always good. Sales are only really sales if they aren't trying to JUST price match competitors...

Edited by Drashna (WGS)

At this point, I would only go for the Pure Sinewave units. I made the mistake of getting one of the 1000 Watt units. It only provides about 7 min. of battery time for my server, so I got a 1500 Watt. It's much better, around 20 min.

It has admittedly been years since I owned a Cyberpower UPS but at one time or another I've owned 2 (consumer models) and every one failed shortly after the warranty expired and I've never bought another one. On the other hand I have several APC units (6, counting ones I bought for use at church) and none of them has ever failed me. Batteries wear out of course, but there is a Batteries Plus store in town so that takes care of that. My biggest complaint about my APC units is that they are so old that they only have serial port connections that I can't really connect to anything any more so I don't have auto-shutdown capability.