RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

DHCP Not functioning after server reboot...

I did a reboot of the server and now none of the clients are getting ip's anymore.  I have verified in the dashboard that the service is running.  As a matter of fact everything seems to be up.

diehard

Is your server handling DHCP or is it the router ? If DHCP is running on both then it could have switched over to the other device.

jem101

Have a look at the DHCP management console, make sure that the scope is properly active. Failing that anything in the event logs?

John

Drashna Jaelre

That or he crippled his entire network! 

Which I really hope isn't the case.

Yes, his packets are now making their way from his house to the HSS server via every single public router on the Internet. It may take a while ;)

Yes, his packets are now making there way from his house to the HSS server via every single public router on the Internet. It may take a while ;)

No I think it's clear to all of us that his server has obviously now become self-aware and his holding him and his family hostage.

'Must post update to HSS forums'

'I'm sorry ChadRT, I'm afraid I can't do that!'

Well either that or he simply hasn't gotten around to checking to see if anyone has replied to his post, but I think my theory is far more plausible.

John