RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

new installation of r2 with lots of errors need help

You are correct: DHCP can stay on the router if you like.

Whatd'ya say JW? I didn't see any deal breakers in the IPCONFIG output.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• franky402

• jmwills

• ikon

• jem101

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Friends don't let friends use UPnP Just in general, don't use it.

franky402

it seems like when I reboot the server I have to open server manager, and 10 services are stopped then after about a minute they start coming up but I still don't like those errors

You have to give the server a chance to finish booting up. Some services are set to Delayed Start, which means the server holds off starting them for a bit.

franky402

You have to give the server a chance to finish booting up. Some services are set to Delayed Start, which means the server holds off starting them for a bit.

ok makes sense just want to make sure.

When im setting up the rd gateway server its asking for my external fqdn name for the ssl what is the correct thing to put here I don't wanna screw it up!

JW will have to advise you on that. I only ran WSE for a couple of months and never set up the gateway.

jmwills

Are you using the RWA wizard to setup remote access?    The wizard will reach out to Microsoft and create the FQDN and the SSL Certificate.

The remote gateway is your router, or 192.168.1.1

IPCONFIG looks good.

Just an side, have you ever setup something like this before, even WHS?  Just asking.

franky402

JW will have to advise you on that. I only ran WSE for a couple of months and never set up the gateway.

hopefully he chimes in soon. I don't want to put a guess in and screw up configuration stuff

im in server manager at the overview for remote desktop services. I clicked on rd gateway it has a green + sign I select the server then it asks me for SSL certificate name (use the external FQDN of the RD Gateway server)

and to answer your question no never server software, but am pretty well off with windows, efficient in Linux and osx. ive also skimmed a pdf on server 2012. not an expert by any means

Edited by franky402
franky402

the external fqdn name is the only thing holding back remote desktop services installation.

only thing I can find on research is about the fqdn in general not the external

Edited by franky402
jmwills

You are over thinking all of this.  Remote Access is setup from the Dashboard.

franky402

You are over thinking all of this.  Remote Access is setup from the Dashboard.

anywhere access? that is set up but im in server manager under remote desktop services remote desktop gateway