RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

new installation of r2 with lots of errors need help

franky402

Your telling me..I dont know what the hell I did..I had windows time errors and all kinds of crap

Another quick question for you..What's the best way to run apps from the server onto users desktops. The first time I set it up I had to use a program remoteapp that u had to sign into then open the remote app but there has to be a better way right.. like the shortcut on the desktop you click and it just sort of works

Edited by franky402
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• franky402

• jmwills

• ikon

• jem101

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Friends don't let friends use UPnP Just in general, don't use it.

jmwills

Be confident of your installation media and start over.

Two rules of thumb:

• If you can't find the root cause of an error, start looking at DNS
  • Don't upgrade crap installations

We've all been down this road and for the sake of your sanity and time constraints, you could be back up and running in an hour.

What platform are you coming from?

franky402

Ok I'm sitting at initial configuration now..

This is a new system entirely..when I said new hardware I mean the client had me use one computer then wanted to upgrade to ssd and new processor so we got a new box

Edited by franky402

I agree with JW about creating an image of the boot disk. The only change I would make is that I always make an image of a new OS install before allowing any updates at all. In fact, I keep the box disconnected from the network until that first image is done. That becomes my fallback, baseline install, so I don't have to start from scratch again.

jmwills

^^ What he said.  Although there are no known patches breaking 2012 Essentials / R2 out there.

franky402

Anyone have any suggestions for my remote application question? Btw you guys are awesome with support I appreciate it greatly

franky402

Any way to install on server and within Windows have a shortcut on specified use to just launch the app without using a third party addon

So right off the bat I have two errors:

103 remote desktop gateway service does not have sufficient permissions to access ssl certificate..

400 rd gateway is shutting down

Edited by franky402
jmwills

Yes, you just need to alter the shortcut to point to the Server side .exe (application)  from the client.  In this case I;m guessing Quckbooks.