RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

new installation of r2 with lots of errors need help

jmwills

ikon raises a valid concern about resources.  How much RAM is in the server and what sort of processor? 

I would sell this person on backup and data integrity before I let them talk to me about media streaming.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• franky402

• jmwills

• ikon

• jem101

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Friends don't let friends use UPnP Just in general, don't use it.

franky402

Qb will normally only be one person..at max will be three users. Box is an i5 4gb ram (needs at least 8 I feel) 256b ssd for os and 2tb for storage.. streaming would be to the xbox or smart tvs as I understand setting up the media server will serve anything with dlna right?

jmwills

Yes for 8 gigs and I think that will be enough for your media streaming requirements too.  Processor is more than adequate.

I would call QB about having concurrent users. If you just allow multiple people to run QB and access a central database, you could be in for some serious data corruption. I'm saying this because you haven't, as far as I can tell, mentioned anything about installing a QB Database Manager on the server. Having multiple people access the same data files, at the same time, is a recipe for disaster.

Not if it's using an iteration of SQL

From the time I was dealing with QB I don't recall seeing anything about SQL Server.

Qb database manager is installed on server and confirmed users and files connected.

Excellent. I can't see there being any issues with corruption as long as the DBMS is in place.