RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Only $12.99 for Acronis True Image 2013 PC Backup Software (w/FREE S&H)

pointdooly

only $12.99 = $39.99 - $27 OFF Coupon(Code:EMCPEPC63 | Expires: 5/7/2014) @ Newegg.com
Tax in CA, NJ, TN, IN.

This is the Lowest Price ($10 less compare to other stores.) currently.

Great for
- Ever upgrade your hard drive to new hard drive(ex:a solid state drive)
- Create disk image backups (save time compare to re-install windows OS from DVD disk)
- MUST to have as a system backup tool - In fact my favorite imaging tool which also supports WHS2011

That's a fantastic price for Acronis.

However, I've never been a fan of it myself.

That's a fantastic price for Acronis.

However, I've never been a fan of it myself.

Drashna, what do you use? Just curious.

:)

Yup, pretty much.

Well, Windows Server 2012R2 Essentials specifically. And I have Server Backup configured for the server, and it runs twice a day.

I've used Server Backup to  migrate from a HDD to an SSD. And it DID align the drive properly on the SSD.

I've also used it a few times to roll back from ..... mistakes I have made.

I've also used it extensively on the client computers. Including to migrate to SSD, as well. Works great.

And I was using it via PXE booting to do the full restores before R2 added that feature. :)

(via Windows Deployment Services, and I hacked the boot image)

Both are increment, and work great. Also, since there are no additional VSS filters installed, there is no chance that configuring them will break VSS or file system compatibility (with things like Drive Bender or StableBit DrivePool... it's still a possibility, but I haven't seen a reported case of it in the last year)

Drashna, what issues have you had with acronis ?

Going forward for me, I just tried the "system image restore" built into Win8 and it seems to work pretty well. Will continue testing.

Going forward for me, I just tried the "system image restore" built into Win8 and it seems to work pretty well. Will continue testing.

Acronis is great. I don't remember ever having any issues with it. Can't say that about a few other popular backup methods. I have been using it for years. The boot rescue media is especially handy for making backups of machines that I am repairing. The ability to restore to smaller partitions is also quite handy. For that alone it is worth having.

The only ding I could give is that it could some improvement in certain areas of the interface. But I'm used to the layout so it's not a problem for me.

Well, the deal is expired.

My experience with Acronis was always great till Windows 8 with version 2013.
I think 2014 is the only one that fully supports Windows 8's UEFI based on my research.

I had used Ghost for years previously and changed to Acronis 3-4 years ago.
I always try to make a Acronis Image Backup for all systems - laptops, desktops, WHS2011 to save time from bare metal restore task.
Yes, it was always worked and MUST have/great tool until I recently tested with my Windows8 Lenovo Laptop(
IdeaTab Lynx K3011) and failed to restore.

Basically, Acronis(2013) could not bypass UEFI to perform the restores.
Well, I am about to test 2014 with Windows8/8.1, I will update after testing coming weekends!

Hope it helps for previous discussions we have.

Bad interaction with VSS in the past. Since I rely on WSS (WIndows Server Solutions, aka WHS2011, Server 2012(R2) Essentials, etc) for backups first and foremost... it has caused issues with it in the past.

Also, since it installs a VSS/file system filter, it can cause issues with AV (and has for me).

I've also seen/heard it causing BSODs. 

*AND* since I use DrivePool, we've had customers that have had issues with it as well. (not recently though).

But basically, I rely on Microsoft solutions, and have had great experiences with them. I've used Server Backup a few times to do to full restores recently, and it worked flawlessly. I don't feel a need to buy a 3rd party solution that may cause issues.

Also, I know WSS for Server 2012R2 works with Windows 8 and UEFI.