RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Shares Folder Question

awraynor

I picked up a copy of Acronis True Image 2010 on bitsdujour for cheap and have a problem

with access to the shares folder on WHS. I have trialed other solutions and have the same

problem with them. When setting up the backup profile it won't allow me to set a shares

folder as the backup destination. I can view the shares under explorer, but Acronis can't

access for backup. Is it possible for these programs to backup to a network share, or is

it more likely I don't have access rights setup correctly?

It will work that way whereas some programs haven't required drive mapping. I am a networking idiot in addition

to many other areas. I run Network Magic on my machines which will usually do the dirty work for me when it

comes to designating folders as shareable. I believe it was Oops Backup that could see the designated folder

in shares without the need for mapping, whereas Acronis hasn't been able to do that. In fact Acronis can see

some folders without mapping, whereas as the newly created and supposedly shared "Acronis Backup Folder" can't

be accessed without mapping. Just trying to save yet another step and item in explorer, but if I have to map

I guess I will do that?