RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
JROrtiz

Music

JROrtiz

Here's an easy one...music! I got into music when I was in junior high. Rather than getting into artists or bands, I really focused on the production and musicality of it; more of the behind the scene's work. I took piano and guitar lessons as a kid and even started writing. Obviously that never went anywhere but I still love music as a whole. I go to concerts every chance I get and still keep up with artists, album releases, etc... Though I enjoy all types of music, I especially grew fond of hip-hop (not so much into the trendy hip-hop) and R&B. Favorite artists include Lupe Fiasco, Kid Cudi, Kanye West, Terius Nash (writer), Jermaine Dupri (as a producer), and many others.

What do you listen to? Favorite artists?

ImTheTypeOfGuy

My favortite group is Metallica and a close 2nd is a tie between Michael W Smith and Pink Floyd.

I like all music but cRAP. I cant stand that stuff. But I listen to everything from Metal to Classical to Opera to Religious.

awraynor

Most of the time I am in my car I listen to podcast, Homeservershow is always first. If time for other types it is usually country mixed in with classic rock such as Pink Floyd, Queen, Led Zeppelin and a smattering of 80's music.

StanHD

Floyd for sure,

Joe Satriani

Genesis

And almost everything else..

icy_roland

I am partial to punk, hardcore and metal. Bands most people will know: AFI, Minor Threat, Black Flag, Pantera, Hatebreed.

Favorite bands that you probably don't know: Dangers, Sabertooth Zombie, No Warning, Graf Orlock, and Have Heart.

I'm also into hip hop like Diplomats, Lupe Fiasco, Binary Star, MF Doom, and A Tribe Called Quest.

Aside from those, I dabble in just about every genre, just not country.

jvk

My favorite band is Pinback, a little know indy band from san diego. Great music, kind of like death cab for cutie or louis XIV.

Check them out...

Pinback website

jvk

Guest no-control

I love pretty much all kinds of music...some more than others

In heavy rotation

Metallica, Tool, SOAD, Offspring, KoRn, RHCP, Stone Sour, Three Days Grace, Green Day, Seether, Rise Against, Bullet for my Valentine, Nirvana, Papa Roach, Ozzy, Manson, LP, Chevelle, Alice in Chains, 5 Finger Death Punch.

Classics I still visit from my younger years

Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Depeche Mode, Def Leppard, Cure, Jane's Addiction, GnR, Mr. Cash, Crue, Oingo Boingo, Rage Against the Machine, Anthrax, Toby Keith, Garth Brooks, Public Enemy, N.W.A., Beatie Boys, Run D.M.C.

Guilty Pleasures

Limp Bizkit, Orgy, Bloodhound Gang, Joan Jett, Nickleback, No Doubt, 80's! (DEVO, Gary Numan, Flock, TFF)

Things I HAVE to listen to when the wife is around

Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, Martina McBride, Brooks n Dunn, Lady Gaga :unsure:

Things that I love and you must experiance to appreciate:

- Their mashups are Awesome!

Lonely Island- Every song & vid is HILARIOUS!

- Metallica on Cellos...EPIC! I had this playing at my wedding as background music ;)

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I love pretty much all kinds of music...some more than others

In heavy rotation

Metallica, Tool, SOAD, Offspring, KoRn, RHCP, Stone Sour, Three Days Grace, Green Day, Seether, Rise Against, Bullet for my Valentine, Nirvana, Papa Roach, Ozzy, Manson, LP, Chevelle, Alice in Chains, 5 Finger Death Punch.

Classics I still visit from my younger years

Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Depeche Mode, Def Leppard, Cure, Jane's Addiction, GnR, Mr. Cash, Crue, Oingo Boingo, Rage Against the Machine, Anthrax, Toby Keith, Garth Brooks, Public Enemy, N.W.A., Beatie Boys, Run D.M.C.

Guilty Pleasures

Limp Bizkit, Orgy, Bloodhound Gang, Joan Jett, Nickleback, No Doubt, 80's! (DEVO, Gary Numan, Flock, TFF)

Things I HAVE to listen to when the wife is around

Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, Martina McBride, Brooks n Dunn, Lady Gaga unsure.gif

Things that I love and you must experiance to appreciate:

- Their mashups are Awesome!

Lonely Island- Every song & vid is HILARIOUS!

- Metallica on Cellos...EPIC! I had this playing at my wedding as background music wink.gif

Wow, we like a lot of the same music (see bold). I liked the apocalyptica, really liked S&M. I can't remember what it was called but have you heard the blue grass Metallica? Not so good.

Guest no-control

Wow, we like a lot of the same music (see bold). I liked the apocalyptica, really liked S&M. I can't remember what it was called but have you heard the blue grass Metallica? Not so good.

Iron horse! not too bad vocals could use some work. Ever heard of

a? Not really good either but still worth a listen. Hey Your from Houston so I'm sure you're familiar with drowning pool love that band, too bad he died. Met him once cool dude. And old rap has a lot of metal to it makes it great. Early Beasties With Rick Rubin and Kerry King (of slayer) Public Enemy just as angry and tons of noise good stuff.

WireBoy

It seems like lately that all of my listening time is consumed with podcasts.

When I do get a chance to listen to music, I enjoy contemporary Christian, contemporary jazz, and funk.

Steven Curtis Chapman, Michael W. Smith, Margaret Becker, Point of Grace, Dave Weckl, Fourplay, Tower of Power are just a handful of my favorite artists.