RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Running Server Applications - The Basics

Interesting. I've never seen an RPC error during a BMR. About the only complication I've run into with WHS2011 BMR is having to wipe out and recreate partitions on the target drive. Once that's done, it proceeds flawlessly, at least that's been my experience.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ikon

• AkAdam44

• Bmouthboyo

• Poppapete

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hmmm, wasn't somebody suggesting to remove all non-OS drives?   Actually, I always set up new systems with only the OS drive installed; it just simplifies things all round.

I finally solved my problem without having to start from scratch!  That tutorial I had found brought me in the right direction, but it didn't completely work for Server 2012 R2.  It turns out the Wind

Interesting. I've never seen an RPC error during a BMR. About the only complication I've run into with WHS2011 BMR is having to wipe out and recreate partitions on the target drive. Once that's done, it proceeds flawlessly, at least that's been my experience.

it's a nasty one.. something like "RPC Server is unavailable".. happens even when running in windows recovery environment, which is fun (not).