RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Model Rocketry Hobby

Dave

Trying to seed this forum!

I build a few rockets from time to time and shoot them skyward with my boys. My house sits on 36 acres so it's nice to just step outside and blast off.

Anyone else doing this kind of stuff? I'm just building the estes rockets. Pretty simple stuff but I try to make them look nice.

cskenney

36 Acres? Are you a farmer, too? I have always been intrigued by model rockets but never got a chance to try them.

Alvin Ramard

I'm not into rocketry, but I soon try to see how far I can lauch an old computer. Fixing a friend's old computer. 60 some viruses so far. How can you get that many on a 32 Gig HD that's only 2/3 full??? And that's just in the Windows directory.

Dave

36 Acres? Are you a farmer, too? I have always been intrigued by model rockets but never got a chance to try them.

It's fun. Relatively cheap hobby to get into as your not doing it every weekend. The build part of it is fun for me.

I'm on a farm but not actively farming it. I lease the land. Someday I would like to do my own though. Maybe after this podcasting thing!

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I like to do it with my son. We haven't done it in a while because we have been playing with my rocket fueled rc car. I need to dust off the old rockets. I just have too many hobbies. I can never find time to play paintball anymore. I can't wait until my son is old enough to play.

jcollison

I did it a bunch when I was a kid. My #4 son just brought a rocket home from Jr High that he built in Tech class. I'd like to take that rocket out for a spin soon.

StanHD

Hmmm, rockets eh?

RC Helicopters for me. Got 4 of em. Truth is, I have been doing it for 18 months and am not very good yet. I like the building and configuration, but the flying is a major challenge. That's why I do it.

Need to look at these rockets I think wacko.gif

cskenney

Hmmm, rockets eh?

RC Helicopters for me. Got 4 of em. Truth is, I have been doing it for 18 months and am not very good yet. I like the building and configuration, but the flying is a major challenge. That's why I do it.

Need to look at these rockets I think wacko.gif

Combine the rockets on the helicopters and things will really get exciting.

StanHD

Combine the rockets on the helicopters and things will really get exciting.

Probably more punch than a Lipo I think !

Guest no-control

I did it as a kid. I've since moved on to larger hobbies that will kill my ability to send the children to college, me having a retirement, or any hope of being really good at it. :(