RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Anybody try/using HP Insight Remote Support?

PetieG

While i realize most folks probably don't have active warranty's for their micro servers, I make my clients pay for it.... and while poking around my 3rd install of one, i came across this and was wondering if anybody uses/has used it?  http://www8.hp.com/us/en/business-services/it-services.html?compURI=1078312#.U1gk1F7t4dI

I may just utilize it if only to notify me of any anomalies that my client's server may have... 

Anybody?  McFly??  

• 2 weeks later...

I have registered my Gen8 with Insight Online so that I can ensure warranty support, but I haven't tried the remote access.

I purchased an HP Care Pack last week to extend the support, but I've not gotten a delivery, electronic or physical and no notification of shipment, just order confirmation, so I have to call HP probably this week and figure out what in tarnation is going on.

If you bought it from a third party reseller then you should be getting an e-mail from HP soon if you provided them such information.  Yeah a phone call to HP wouldn't hurt.

If you bought it from a third party reseller then you should be getting an e-mail from HP soon if you provided them such information.  Yeah a phone call to HP wouldn't hurt.

I bought direct from HP.

I just got an invoice in the mail.  It doesn't include the HP Care Pack serial number.  :wacko:

Either HP shipped my Care Pack separately from the invoice, or something in their process is seriously whacked.  The invoice does say the shipped quantity is 1.  It's in a standard envelope; the Care Packs I've always seen sold on Ebay come in a shipping mailer.

P.S.  Does anyone know how to add a SmartArray RAID controller to HP Insight Online?  It doesn't seem possible.

Edited by LoneWolf

I suspect the invoice is separate from the shipment. Most large companies have separate Shipping and Billing departments. You likely will get a Packing Slip with the Care Pack.