RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

AMD AM1 Socket and Kabini Processors

kylejwx

It looks like AMD just released a new line of Desktop "APUs" and they seem interesting as an entry level desktop or low powered server option.  Newegg has a good looking deal (http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1594348) on a case, Motherboard, and Processor for $99. 

Obviously, this is not going to be considered a high performance system, but I would like to here your opinions on the performance to value ratio on these new Kabini APUs.  Also, I searched around, but couldn't find out many technical details. Does anyone know if these processors support Virtualization?

So I found that CPU world lists virtualization as a feature of the sempron 3850, but it doesn't really specifiy much more than that. I know that Intel has vt-x, vt-d, and vt-x with ept. I am not sure if amd has equivalents or how to find out if they are supported.

Personal preference, but I'm not a fan of AMD. At all. The last two (out of three) AMD systems have made me regret buying them. Speaking of which, must upgrade signature to reflect that.... (replaced with a Intel Xeon).

As for specs:

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Jaguar/AMD-Sempron%203850%20-%20ED3850JAH44HM.html

Which is sad, because I couldn't find the specs on AMD's site.... 

yeah, ark.intel.com is incredibly useful and it is disappointing that AMD doesn't seem to offer something similar to help enthusiasts get all the details about their products.