RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
apb0703

Read/Write Permissions?

apb0703

Hello all,

I am hoping this is in the right place. If not I apologize. I have some questions on how to allow read/write permissions on Windows Home Server 2011. I am going to explain my set up a little bit and hopefully someone can help me with my issue.

I have a Windows Home Server 2011 machine. It does have Stablebit Drive Pool installed. I also have a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian installed. I want to be able to download files on the Raspberry Pi and save them to the Windows Home Server. I am able to mount the Server Folder that is part of my shared drive created by Stablebit and I can see all the folders and files in the I drive, which is the drive created by Stablebit.

The issue I have is when I try to download a file to one of the folders in the I drive from the Raspberry Pi, I always get a message access denied due to permissions. I have set all the user accounts to allow read/write access and when I mounted the drive I used the login info for one of the users for authentication.

Anyone have any ideas how I can this to work?

Thank you,

jmwills

You will need the same user account that you are using for WHS access as you on the RP device.  Also, what type of files are these?

apb0703

When I put the command in the terminal to mount the drive I did use the user account on WHS. I can see folder and files on the WHS just can't write to it. Usually they are videos.

jmwills

Can you try from a third party client?  Mount the RP folder to the client and map a drive to the server.

ikon

Did you create the shared folder using the DashBoard?

jmwills

If not, the OP needs to understand the difference between Share Permissions and Security Permissions.

ikon

If not, the OP needs to understand the difference between Share Permissions and Security Permissions.

Ding Ding Ding Ding! Give that man a Cuppie Doll :D :D

apb0703

The folder that is shared is the DrivePool, created by stablebit. It is shared. I am using qbittorent as a 3rd party client on the RP. When I do the mount command the output says it has read/write access. But when I try to download a file from the RP to the folder on WHS 2011 I get error: permission denied.

ikon

I would try using the DashBoard to create a share, give it Write permissions, and try to access it from the RP.

jmwills

What are the "Share" and "Security" permissions on that folder?