RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Windows Updates for April

jmwills

Today is patch Tuesday and there are some new patches coming down for for Server 2012 (all flavors) and Windows 8.1.  A word to the wise would be to hold off and see how others are impacted.  If you have a test environment this is the place to test these patches, NOT IN YOUR PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT.

For example.  In my real life I am SharePoint Adminstrator and SP1 for 2013 was relased last week and immediately pulled for causing issues.   You cannot even dowload the patch as of now whihc gives you an idea of how bad this was.

I pity those poor souls who installed it and now have to wait for a fix in their production environments.  We call this, "living in Star Trek Land" as you are going where no man has gone before.

I updated to the Update 1 on my 2012R2 server, and now I can't access the system at all - it shows the Windows loading screen, and then I get a blank screen instead of the login screen.

Tell me, does anyone else have the same problem?

Not me.  None of the updates caused an issue.

Is this 2012 R2 or 2012 R2 Essentials?

Not me. None of the updates caused an issue.

Is this 2012 R2 or 2012 R2 Essentials?

R2 standard.

It must have been a bad install... reinstalled it this morning and everything is fine after the big update :)