RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

2 Remote access Severs?

Pepi1677

No joy on the :80 replacement.

Just a thought, in case this is binding related. What if we rollback the WHS to pre-bindings and remap the ports on the router. Both servers will be LAN side thinking they are the main box on the default ports. The problem yesterday was getting the WSE Anywhere Access software wizard to complete and setup properly. That is done now, so it should work.

I just confirmed on my system that the URL is http://<servername>/connect.

I realize this will make you cringe ;) but you might need to try re-binding IIS back to port 80. I don't think you would need to re-bind back to 443. If you recall, we didn't truly establish that the port 80 remapping was actually required; we found the Firewall issue instead. So, you may be able to run IIS on the WHS using port 80 and the remapped 443 going forward.

BTW, these kinds of 'gotchyas' are exactly why I was reluctant to go the IIS remapping route to start with. If we could have gotten away without remapping 443 on the WHS IIS, it would have been preferable. This will make an interesting addendum to the blog post :)

Sorry, was eating, am back :)

Okay, will give the url a try, though /connect should work so I suspect this will be suffering the same fate. Will step back the :80 binding if that doesnt work. Won't be long :)