RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

2 Remote access Severs?

Pepi1677

The good news is that we have an image of the WSE directly before we started.

Sorry, I mean addressing through our router IP from our provider https://xxx.xxx.xx.xx:443 (or 4443) as opposed to vis the MS DDNS on mydomain.homeserver.com.

Have run ipconfig /all, what am I looking for beyond the obvious routes?

Which site do you hit if you browse the WSE site from the WSE server in IIS?  It may be simpler and take the certificate out of the equation if you setup the WSE server as the default and let the SHS server use the alternate mappings.

I don't know. It actually seems that using the xxx.xxx.xx.xx logs into the WHS properly, but the homeserver.com address produces a homeserver login with a Windows Server 2012 background!

I have looked at the Anywhere Access on the WSE and it is complaining that there is more than one router on the network, but I cannot understand why as it was instructed that the router would be manually updated. It is suggesting that Anywhere Access is blocked and suggesting the router is at fault. Presumably a product of choosing manual setup of router?

We do have DNS running on the WSE and pointing to the router for DNS. Could that be an issue?

Which site do you hit if you browse the WSE site from the WSE server in IIS?  It may be simpler and take the certificate out of the equation if you setup the WSE server as the default and let the SHS server use the alternate mappings.

Sorry, not sure how to browse the WSE site from the WSE server in IIS. Will google method and report back.

For info in case relevant, though it shouldn't be as we have instructed it that we will update the router, we have two further routers on the network, one in the DMZ of the main router for guest access to ringfence the network and an Apple Time Capsule router in the main network that only Apples attach to wirelessly. Both are merely fixed IP gateways and neither does DHCP or DNS.

Edited by TomatoBoy

"pointing to the router for DNS" <-- you mean you have the router entered as a Forwarder, right?

Yes, my apologies.

Call them Access Points.

Yes, sorry, my brain is becoming rather tired.

So what was the IP you found when you did IPCONFIG /ALL?

It was that of our WHS (fixed) and correct details of our router IP.

Edited by TomatoBoy