RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Joe_Miner

RR2720 in Dell PowerEdge T20

Joe_Miner

Anyone try a Rocket RAID 2720 in their T20 yet?

ikon

Don't own either of them, but I would be shocked if it didn't work.

LoneWolf

Not a real fan compared to what's out there.

The RR2720 is already around $150.  For slightly more, you can get a four-port caching hardware RAID controller from Adaptec.  If you need all eight ports, you can pay about $90 more and get an eight-port caching one.  IMO, they're more reliable solutions.

Alternately, you might find a Dell RAID controller as a system pull on Ebay.  Look at this H710P for $200 with cache and battery; that's what I'd get.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Dell-Perc-H710p-Raid-Adapter-Card-0JJ8XD-1GB-Cache-/111321920760?pt=US_Internal_Port_Expansion_Cards&hash=item19eb4db4f8

Joe_Miner

Thanks LoneWolf for the link!

Joe_Miner

I've removed the off topic portions of this thread and think it best to lock it down.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• Mark Belanger
      By Mark Belanger
      Greetings,

I'm new to the HPMSG8 world and so far I'm loving it. I have a stock Xeon with 16G of aftermarket memory with iLO patched to 2.70. Next up is adding a RAID card, so I can put my boot SSD on the onboard RAID. I picked up a LSI SAS9211-8i on Amazon, but am struggling to flash it to IT mode on the MicroServer. Is this even possible? Unfortunately, the only other system I have with PCI slots is 32-bit.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

-MB
    • TakiBot
      By TakiBot
      I've got my hands on a HP N40L.
      Can i use raid 1+0 on my 4 2TB WD RED or only 1 and 0.
      Thanks for the help.
    • arefiev.dm
      By arefiev.dm
      Hello! I put P222 on my Gen8 server, but I can not use RAID6. Can someone share the key?
    • rayb0rn
      By rayb0rn
      Hello,

I have recently found the time and energy to set up my Microserver. 
      HDD BAYS:
      1.4tb
      2.4tb
      3.4tb
      4.4tb

Could someone please confirm if there are any issues with Creating a Raid 1  array with BAY 1 (6Gb/s) BAY 3 (3Gb/s). My logic is that speed of data access takes precedence over mirroring speed so 1 logical drive of Bay 1 & Bay 3 (Raid 1) and the other logical drive of Bay 2 & Bay 4 (Raid 1).

Is this a good Idea or I have I overlooked a potential technical issue. I searched the web for a possible answer but nothing came up.

Thank you.

• JackoUK
      By JackoUK
      Like the look of the new DELL XPS 15 2-in-1 with the new Intel CPU/AMD GPU hybrid design.
      Never really been sold on the idea of a laptop as a desktop replacement ...
      ... but this looks like a contender.
      https://www.cnet.com/products/dell-xps-15-2-in-1-2018/preview/