RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Open to offers. HP MSS EX490 also CPU/RAM upgrades

Mr_Smartepants

I have had my MediaSmart server EX490 shut off and collecting dust since I got my N54L on-line a year ago.

I'm not sure how much to sell it for so I'm open to offers.  If no reasonable offers are forthcoming, off to the "Bay of E" it goes.

I know there are a few folks who like to hack on these older servers.

I had it configured and set up to give to my brother but in the end we set him up with an online backup service.

It's still configured that way, so I need to pull all the drives out and wipe the OS drive for shipping.

The BIOS has been modified to unlock the SATA options.  As far as I know, it still works fine but I'll make sure by installing WHS2011 on it fresh before any money changes hands.

I have the original box, manuals & WHSv1 discs for it.  It also will come with the original 1TB drive.

Currently it has a CPU upgrade (E5200) and max RAM (4GB) installed but I kept the original Celeron CPU & RAM.  I will consider splitting the upgrades up if someone wants only those.

I have my customized WHS2011 install iso around here somewhere with WHS 2011 (drivers/updates/license) which I can put on a thumbdrive (if desired).  The thumbdrive would have the text file (cfg.ini) which can be modified for server name and admin password as needed.

I would prefer to sell it as an entire lot.  PayPal preferred but other options considered.

USPS shipping will be at cost (~$25) for the box with the server.

CONUS & UK shipping only.

Please PM with offers.

I just had a look on the UK "Bay of E" ... and I can't even afford a PSU for the thing at the moment :(    .......sorry bro