RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Is a video camera surveillance add-in available?

I am searching for an add-in for WHS 2011 that gives me some functionality with Ethernet/ip video cameras in my home.  I see references to video systems on WHS v1 but nothing for WHS 2011.    Can someone offer links?  Thanks.

What kind of functionality? Blue Iris will work on most windows platforms including WHS 2011. You can try it for free for 30 days. I-Spy is free and is getting better.

I use BlueIris and am very happy with it. It's not perfect, but it does what I want.

You just need to open an additional port for the web interface. But you'd be able to use your own domain name (such as myserver.homeserver.com), remotely.

I would be very surprised if iSpy did not fit the bill for you.  Does everything I want and a bunch more.  The software is free other than mobile access which you can do other ways.  I use my home automation software for IOS/Android to view and access the cameras and let iSpy do the rest.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I have also heard good things about iSpy.  I'll be downloading it over the weekend and will be working to set it up with my IP camera.  Hopefully it'll fit my needs!!!