RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Podcast 94, What do you think ?

diehard

This weeks episode is chock full of news and tidbits about Windows Home Server. We also announce the winners of the Icy Dock Competition and talk about the new forums. I’ll also introduce a new podcast to you and talk with the hosts. Enjoy and see you in the forums!

Sponsor: Solve technical issues faster with GoToAssist Express. Try it FREE for 30 days.

Twonky Dead?

WHS v1 Software at Tiger Direct – The deal looks to be dead. Price is at $99 as of publishing.

WHS ClamAV updated

If you want to support this podcast please shop via our affiliate links.

Newegg.com

Amazon.com Dell.com and Dell Outlet

KeepVault for Windows Home Server

As I stated in the show I mixed the audio with Adobe but I did do some of the work in Audacity. If you notice a difference in the actual show quality let me know. It took me twice as long as I'm not familiar with the Adobe stuff. I was not that impressed with it but I'll let you be the judge.

Icy Dock competitors? Ya better check the Icy Dock thread!

I would also like to hear your feedback on the new podcast launch.

Nice show this week guys! I am getting used to this new Forum and I like what I see so far. I had to reset my password, but it was no big deal.

BTW...looking forward to BYOB as well. Sounds like a great concept.

WHS ClamAV updated

Hi,

Sorry to hear there were troubles updating to the newest version of WHSClamAV - I try and test procedures in WHSClamAV as much as possible but I don't have access to every combination of system out there. One of the things that has been missing from WHSClamAV has been documentation and this has been added at:

Installing

and

Upgrading

I've got a lot of other tasks on at the moment but hope to get the automated scanning in at some point. Any interface ideas of how to achieve this would be welcomed.

Cheers,

Al

Good show. I listened to it while writing our new FAQ section, which is probably one of the most tedious tasks I have ever undertaken :wacko:

Best part was learning about the Windows Live products. I had no idea I had 25GB free! Google Docs is awesome, but it doesn't have 25GB free, therefore Mr. Gates get my vote on this one.

More things to come your way, no doubt about that.

Nice show! I actually like the featureless shows a bit more only because the discussion topics can run through and get more in depth. I like the different perspectives.

As I stated in the show I mixed the audio with Adobe but I did do some of the work in Audacity. If you notice a difference in the actual show quality let me know. It took me twice as long as I'm not familiar with the Adobe stuff. I was not that impressed with it but I'll let you be the judge.

Icy Dock competitors? Ya better check the Icy Dock thread!

I would also like to hear your feedback on the new podcast launch.

What issues did you have with SoundBooth? What didn't you like?

I was listening to Windows Weekly and Paul mentioned two changes to Mesh that will kill it. First, is you will only have 2GB to include with Live Sync and secondly is that you will no longer have the ability for remote desktop connections. That really limits the usefulness of the product as I bump up against the 5 GB's all the time and I use the remote desktop connection about 5 times a week if not more.

Also, there is a fast post. However, it doesn't always show up for me. I cant tell if it is room specific or something else at this time.

Also, there is a fast post. However, it doesn't always show up for me. I cant tell if it is room specific or something else at this time.

I did a quick check and it appears to be related to specific topics (ie, HSS Podcasts posts allows it). I will point it out to management. :D