RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

Foscam Pan/Tilt Wireless IP Camera w/ 26' Infrared Night Vision, Smartphone Remote Viewing & Motion Detection! $89.99

Jason

Anyone know whether it's possible to either 1.) enable auto night vision detection for an IP Camera in Blueiris or 2.) schedule in Blueiris when the camera's night vision IR lights should be enabled?

Drashna Jaelre

I have an "older" model Foscam, and use Blue Iris. It definitely automatically enabled IR/night vision just fine. And can be used to toggle it manually. But works great on "automatic". Just hold down the IR button till it shows the on/off state side by side on the button.

Jason

Thanks Drashna. I think it resets this each time BI restarts. Also not sure it sticks when you run BI as a service. I may need to set BI to start with Windows and stay logged into the server.

Poppapete

You can schedule this to happen in BI either globally or for an individual camera.

Jason

You can schedule this to happen in BI either globally or for an individual camera.

Poppapete - where in BI? Am searching for this setting. Currently I have the schedule defined at the camera level instead of global. But didn't notice an IR light setting within scheduler.

Poppapete

Sorry! I led you up the garden path. I use Milestone and Blue Iris and the Hikvision app. It appears IR CANNOT be controlled from BI. :unsure:

Drashna Jaelre

Thanks Drashna. I think it resets this each time BI restarts. Also not sure it sticks when you run BI as a service. I may need to set BI to start with Windows and stay logged into the server.

From what I see with my BlueIris setup, it stays in the state between reboots.

I do run it as a system service. so it runs without having to log in.

But this does depend on the camera.

Sorry! I led you up the garden path. I use Milestone and Blue Iris and the Hikvision app. It appears IR CANNOT be controlled from BI. :unsure:

yeah, my TPLink cameras are like that as well. They won't let BlueIris properly auto-configure the IR/night vision, but the cameras do it on their own fine.

Poppapete

Drashna,

Are there any disadvantages with running BI as a service? It appears this is the best way to get it to run at boot !

Jason

Running as a service is the way to go.

Am in the market for another camera. Would like day/night vision and at least 720P res. POE would be nice but not required. Currently using Foscam FI9821W. Was hoping for something better.