RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Windows Home Server Web Site

c0op3r

Not sure if this is the correct forum category for this question; but here goes. On Windows Home Server Web Site, is there a way to edit the splash/home screen?

I am not even sure where that page is located, is it on my machine or is it something that is generated by the InsertName.Homeserver.com web site.

Any information about this would be great as I would love to change the site and make it something a little more personalized.

Z3r0

Not sure if this is the correct forum category for this question; but here goes. On Windows Home Server Web Site, is there a way to edit the splash/home screen?

I am not even sure where that page is located, is it on my machine or is it something that is generated by the InsertName.Homeserver.com web site.

Any information about this would be great as I would love to change the site and make it something a little more personalized.

Z3r0

Do you mean change the picture of the family running around outside ? Yes that can be changed

Do you mean change the picture of the family running around outside ? Yes that can be changed

Yes that is what I mean, but is that a web page or just an image?

Is the page stored as HTML code, if so where is it, what is the file name.

If not and all I can change is the picture, are there size limitation? If so what size should the picture be?

Yes that is what I mean, but is that a web page or just an image?

Is the page stored as HTML code, if so where is it, what is the file name.

If not and all I can change is the picture, are there size limitation? If so what size should the picture be?

The quick fix is install the addin Whiist, it allow you to change the picture, but I've seen a wiki, let me look.

http://homeservershow.com/change-the-photo-on-your-windows-home-server-remote-access-page.html

The quick fix is install the addin Whiist, it allow you to change the picture, but I've seen a wiki, let me look.

http://homeserversho...ccess-page.html

Are you using the add-in remote alert? Since I added it, I know longer have a picture on the log in page? Anyone have the same situation?

Are you using the add-in remote alert? Since I added it, I know longer have a picture on the log in page? Anyone have the same situation?

Are you getting the remote alert warning box when you go to the login screen? I am using the plug in but at the main whs screen I still have the family running in circles picture.

Are you getting the remote alert warning box when you go to the login screen? I am using the plug in but at the main whs screen I still have the family running in circles picture.

Yes I have the warning box. ON the left side where the picture used to be, it is just blank (ie white).

This is the 1st I've ever heard of Remote Alert. Sounds interesting.

Does this add-in provide a log and access info for the Photo Webshare as well?

Yes I have the warning box. ON the left side where the picture used to be, it is just blank (ie white).

At times, the picture on mine takes an incredibly long time to load. I usually don't miss it since I click straight for the "Log on" button. It's also possible that one of your addins that allows you to change this is set funny. There are several that do this, including Whiist...

if your using Windows 7, there is a neat program called Program Steps Recorder, just type it in the search box. Now you can record the process to show the issues and images you are receiving and include comments. There is an Attach This file link below, maybe we can use this to help others.

John.

Here I opened the Console and scrolled along the tabs.

AH, there is a 500K limit, I will see if Dave can bump that up.