RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Firebaall

G8 Sensor location

mind12

the server will be in my bedroom. I want to use AHCI mode since i just need the H.D.D for storage not for any kind of RAID. Also, i do not want to buy another sata card e.t.c because i want the pci for a VGA card.  :(  I am just waiting in this forum for any kind of mod (firmware update,change of cooler,e.t.c)

You can use the B120i in RAID mode and build RAID 0 arrays from the HDDs containing 1 disk per array. That's the way I use my server. 

• Like 1

AlexS

Hey Guys,

I found this thread after viewing John's video about cooling the 13-LOM (btw nice video). After the video I just realized that my ILO shows that some of the sensors are missing from my server. Is there any chance that three of you guys have all the sensors but I have 3 of them missing?

Maybe when I replaced the stock CPU with my Xeon 1265Lv2 I forgot to connect some cables back?

What would be the problem? Please advise!

attachicon.gifmissing_sensor.jpg

I may see the same, but I have upgraded CPU to Xeon E3 1230v2, I can't see 13-LOM sensor :-( may be that is from last firmware upgrade? My iLO FW Version is 2.10 Jan 15 2015.

GotNoTime

I may see the same, but I have upgraded CPU to Xeon E3 1230v2, I can't see 13-LOM sensor :-( may be that is from last firmware upgrade? My iLO FW Version is 2.10 Jan 15 2015.

The LOM sensor only appears if you use a compatible NIC driver. I've only seen it working in Windows. ESXi and Linux both just give me not installed.

PyRoAcIdK

Does this still work and stuck to the chipset well?

Robertomcat

Hello good afternoon!
I relive this thread to ask how the sensor number 13-LOM could be activated. Most of all because since Amazon Spain I have been able to find these dissipators, but not being able to control the temperature from ilo, because I am a little afraid that something related to the temperature happens, although I doubt that the temperature will rise having the Dissipator.

Another issue that I wanted to tell you is that I see that a sensor rises a lot of temperature when the CPU is only working at 40%, and the network works on a data transmission of 40/50 MB. The particular CPU is an E3-1265l v2. Here I leave you a screenshot, where sensor number seven a while ago was working at 58 ° and specifically that sensor is not that it controls.

kZ4Wj0F.jpg?1

Edited by Robertomcat