RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Firebaall

G8 Sensor location

schoondoggy

Noise really seems to be a problem with smaller cases.  If you want quiet, I really think you have to go for a bigger case. :(

I agree.

An HP ML10 or ML310e in many cases can be quieter than a MicroServer. All three basically have the same components and create the same amount of heat. Bigger cases tend to have bigger fans that can move the same amount of air, but spin slower. slower fans = less noise

FISHERMAN

the server will be in my bedroom. I want to use AHCI mode since i just need the H.D.D for storage not for any kind of RAID. Also, i do not want to buy another sata card e.t.c because i want the pci for a VGA card.  :(  I am just waiting in this forum for any kind of mod (firmware update,change of cooler,e.t.c)

• Like 1

ikon

I'm always surprised when people say they're keeping their server in their bedroom. It just seems an odd place for a server to me.

Shonk

Top of my wardrobe..

20150116_203636.jpg

ikon

Would it be fair of me to suspect you live in an apartment?

Shonk

no a house..

we dont have basements to spare and huge houses

and such in the uk

ikon

Ah, no basement. That makes it tougher. My server is in my basement, in a room I built around the furnace, water heater, and the back of the basement stairs. Bought a wooden shelving unit from Ikea and plunked me gear onto it. :)  I imagine it's not difficult to see that it's impossible to hear the server in the rest of the house. My house isn't huge though; only 1400 ft2. Mind you, that does not include the basement (real estate rules prohibit including basements when stating a house's square footage).

Shonk

In the uk the average new build 3 bedroom house is 925 ft2

and my house is two bedroom so most prob i dont know 750 ft2

if not smaller...

In 1920, average homes usually measured 1,647 square feet and boasted four bedrooms, but today’s equivalent has three bedrooms and is 925 square feet

so yes you have a large house in comparison to the uk :angry:

ikon

The average in North America is 2200 ft2;)

FISHERMAN

Not enough space here also and furthermore i need everything in my room..my computer room. Apart from that G8 is really good looking and shiny to hide it in the basement.  :P

• Like 1