RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

DVD manager

c0op3r

Anyone else running DVD Manager?

I ran across this tonight, I bought the WHS Manager from iTunes, and when I went to the web page to get the Add-in for WHS, I saw DVD manager. Now I don't do a lot of DVD ripping, but after reading the description it sounded, cool and really it was something that I thought about for the home server. I have seen some High-End home theater system that do something like this, you get a new CD / DVD, when you get home you just put it in the drive of the unit and it does everything else, rips CD / DVD, converts to wanted file format, and gets all information about the movie / CD disc.

Now I will admit this Add-in is a little rough around the edges, as it was not 100% clear that you need something like AnyDVD(even though it makes sense), but it expect it to be a little rough as the version number is well below 1.0, but I do see a lot of potential in this product.

I look forward to the day it gets a little more polish and I would gladly buy it, and look forward to the day that I can do so to support the author of the software.

Z3r0

Anyone else running DVD Manager?

I ran across this tonight, I bought the WHS Manager from iTunes, and when I went to the web page to get the Add-in for WHS, I saw DVD manager. Now I don't do a lot of DVD ripping, but after reading the description it sounded, cool and really it was something that I thought about for the home server. I have seen some High-End home theater system that do something like this, you get a new CD / DVD, when you get home you just put it in the drive of the unit and it does everything else, rips CD / DVD, converts to wanted file format, and gets all information about the movie / CD disc.

Now I will admit this Add-in is a little rough around the edges, as it was not 100% clear that you need something like AnyDVD(even though it makes sense), but it expect it to be a little rough as the version number is well below 1.0, but I do see a lot of potential in this product.

I look forward to the day it gets a little more polish and I would gladly buy it, and look forward to the day that I can do so to support the author of the software.

Z3r0

Is this the addin by Brent Friedman ?

Is this the addin by Brent Friedman ?

Yes that's the one, have you used it? One other thing that it sorely needs is a button to access the status on the top of the console, currently you have to go into settings, and choose DVD Manager from the list at the left to see whats going on when its working.

Yes that's the one, have you used it? One other thing that it sorely needs is a button to access the status on the top of the console, currently you have to go into settings, and choose DVD Manager from the list at the left to see whats going on when its working.

it's pretty simple, not much options, but I like it. I suggested to Brent to add DVD43 as the decripting software since it's free and AnyDVD is very expensive, and he did, so that's nice. I find that only "folder structure" works. I set the addin to eject the disk so I can tell that it has completed. You right, it's a bit anoying to have to check the event log in the addin to check the progress.

Don't forget to install the console app. but I'm guessing you did.

Let me know if you figure out any tips.