RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Dell PowerEdge T20 Server $199

schoondoggy

Since when is 225 less than 200?

Joe_Miner

well with newegg having these up on there, any one know of any current newegg coupons we can use to make the price cheaper?

The server coupons come around at least a couple times a year -- that's how I got my Gen8 --- just need to keep an eye on your inbox and be ready to pounce..................

ikon

I was taking the low end sale price, $200, and comparing it to the $500 Xeon model price. $200 + $225 < $500.

Joe_Miner

The server coupons come around at least a couple times a year -- that's how I got my Gen8 --- just need to keep an eye on your inbox and be ready to pounce..................

BTW, I think it helps if a LOT of people were to put the PowerEdge T20 on their wish list AND enter a reasonable Price Alert at Newegg -- I suspect they do a LOT of quantitative analyses on that info.........................

ikon

There's a certain logic to that alright.

rfs830

these have 2 display ports on them.  I wonder if the xeon version can be used as a htpc also.

rfs830

well I just got off a dell chat.  they said that any version of the server can be used with 2 monitors if using the display ports on them.  Just have to use a cable.  This would make for a nice htpc.  I need to watch again to see if it goes back on sale. 

rfs830

hey guys, so im looking at the xeon verison of this server and i see that it has on board sound.  Would that mean I can get hdmi out with sound? 

schoondoggy

hey guys, so im looking at the xeon verison of this server and i see that it has on board sound.  Would that mean I can get hdmi out with sound? 

The server has two DisplayPort ports, DP is capable of passing audio. You should check with Dell support to make sure they are passing the audio through the DP ports.

You would need a DP to HDMI cable.

rfs830

just checked with dell.  They said it will do audio out of the hdmi port.  Now I just need to find a good deal on this again.