RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
stix01

iLo trial licence issues.

schoondoggy

Do those advanced licenses work for one year or forever?

I am having the same issue as the threadstarter and will try the reset method. I'm surprised at how little talk there is about installing Windows through iLo seeing as everyone seems to ask "why would you want an ODD in a server?" :-) It took a bit of trial and error but I made it in the end. IP updating doesn't seem to work either, I always get an error telling me to make sure I can connect to HP.com, and installing from USB stick is not as straightforward as I would have thought (having installed Windows dozens of times on desktop workstations).

The Advanced license key does not expire.

What version of Windows are you trying to install?

E3000

The Advanced license key does not expire.

What version of Windows are you trying to install?

Oh really, I will probably buy one then. I like it better than remote access as it allows control from outside the OS.

I was trying to install Windows Server 2012 R2. I have successfully managed it now, the answers were all here in the forums, it just took a little searching :-)

GotNoTime

Oh really, I will probably buy one then. I like it better than remote access as it allows control from outside the OS.

The license itself doesn't expire. The time period listed is the iLO support contract that is part of it. As it is unlikely you'd actually need that support, just getting the cheapest 1 year license will do. Unless the other kind is vastly cheaper, you might as well get the full iLO4 Advanced license.

Make sure it is a compatible iLO license however. There are older license keys being sold which are incompatible with iLO4. HP changed the license key format.

• Like 1

E3000

The license itself doesn't expire. The time period listed is the iLO support contract that is part of it. As it is unlikely you'd actually need that support, just getting the cheapest 1 year license will do. Unless the other kind is vastly cheaper, you might as well get the full iLO4 Advanced license.Make sure it is a compatible iLO license however. There are older license keys being sold which are incompatible with iLO4. HP changed the license key format.

Thanks for that, I will make sure :-)

E3000

...but even with a trial license activated, the screen goes blank after the initial bios screen. It seems to be working but I cannot see the desktop (or anything for that matter), is that normal? Lol

I can mount disc images and move the mouse and stuff, but I can't see anything other than a blank screen in the .NET console (local machine).

Edited by E3000

GotNoTime

...but even with a trial license activated, the screen goes blank after the initial bios screen. It seems to be working but I cannot see the desktop (or anything for that matter), is that normal? Lol

You didn't fit another graphics card did you?

E3000

You didn't fit another graphics card did you?

You got it in one! Haha :-P I added it when I was having trouble with IP and wanted to see what I was doing (due to not having VGA). Well at least I know why now.

Another question... I have my boot SSD running off B120i in a single-drive RAID 0. Can I still add separate JBOD data disks? They already have stuff on them so I don't wanna initialize or RAID them...