RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

HP Gen8 Modification Store is Live

Dave

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let you know that the Gen8 Modification Store powered by forums member SchoonDoggy is now live.  You can now purchase the Gen8 mods that you have seen around here.  I encourage you to at least check out the store.  If you own a Gen8 get the gear!

Edit 2-24-2015

Ordering page moved to:

http://homeservershow.com/hp-microserver-gen8-drive-bracket.html

• Like 1

ikon

Congrats schoondoggy. Nice to see a project come to such a great fruition. And nice work, Dave, hosting the store.

jmwills

Move over Amazon!!

Vance Fox

Tell HP you'd consider helping their R & D team if and only if they rescind their asinine support policy!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Edited by Vance Fox
  • Like 1

LoneWolf

This store is approved by SysAdmin Cat.

gallery_4021_78_59216.jpg

riahc3

Im waiting to get paid and also dying for a fan mod :)

tangcla

Looking forward to some cooling mods, in the hopes it will then lessen the load (and thus noise) on the loud main system fan!

schoondoggy

I have played with blower fans in the Gen8 to cool hot spots. My only concern is they are just 12v fans, so they are not monitored. I have been looking for a small fan controller board, but I have not found one that will fit in the Gen8. Do you want fan control or just fans? These fans just help focus air to hot areas, at some point the main fan needs to move more air through the system.

tangcla

I have played with blower fans in the Gen8 to cool hot spots. My only concern is they are just 12v fans, so they are not monitored. I have been looking for a small fan controller board, but I have not found one that will fit in the Gen8. Do you want fan control or just fans? These fans just help focus air to hot areas, at some point the main fan needs to move more air through the system.

my thinking is that more fans at lower speed will help keep the main system fan ramping up, making a quieter system overall.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk