RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

OneDrive(SkyDrive) Sync

Poppapete

My Windows 8.1 laptop has stopped syncing to OneDrive. I can go to the cloud version and all is updated as per my desktop but the local drive will not update.

I share with no one. I just log in to my laptop using the same windows live account as on my PC.

The same thing happened once before I upgraded from 8.0 to 8.1 but in 8.0 I could uninstall SkyDrive on my laptop then reinstall and all the files downloaded. I could try a refresh but I doubt if that would reinstall skydrive. I think I may have to reinstall.

I could also try a bare metal restore from my server!

Edited by Poppapete

Just for anyone reading this thread.

I tried everything (read all the MS posts on the subject) but could not get OneDrive to sync to my laptop. So I restored to a time it was working and bingo everything synced. Its been working for a week now.

The restore was quicker than all the time I spent researching to no avail!

I noticed Skydrive updated to OneDrive and renamed the folder but my WSE12R2 server still sees folder name as Skydrive. Strange. Will re-install I guess.

The real folder name is OneDrive but the network share name is still SkyDrive, if that's what you mean. It seems that this is designed so so that the UNC path doesn't change for clients to still be able to access the share.

The share name can easily be renamed without reinstallation, assuming that this is the only problem you're having. But you need to inform users and/or change client app settings, where applicable, that the share name/UNC path has changed.

• 4 weeks later...

I must be the only one with SkyDrive problems. I have been with MS since MDos but am seriously thinking about dropbox. 7 days ago my SkyDrive started "producing" Skydrive old folders.  Now I have 7 of them. According to the MS forums I am not the only one but their is no easy answer. Just wanted to get my frustration off my chest (whats left of it) onto the forum. :angry:

I had the sync problem about a month ago because the service would stop running my PC. I would restart it but it would stop again. My second uninstall/reinstall solved the problem.

I have also discovered if you have too many nested folders the duplication crashes and logs you out of the client. This is a pain.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk