RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Essentials R2 and GPO

Guest techyguyni

Hi 

I am trying to push out software to my computers on the network with GP.

When I run GPupdate from the Group Policy Snapin It only lists one machine and thats the Domain Controller eg the server its self.

How do I push a software update via gpo to my computers on the network that are part of the domain?

thanks 

Are ALL of the computers domain members? Which OU is the GPO being applied to?

Have you run RSOP on the clients to see which GPO's are being applied?

What about the other parts?  In order for a GPO to work, it either must be applied to the entire domain (not wise) of the OU in which the objects exist.  What about the RSOP?

Drashna Jaelre

run "gpupdate /force" on the clients. If it doesn't prompt to restart, then something is wrong.

Try running "gpresult -h gpresult.html"

Guest techyguyni

i have ran gpupdate /force but group policy been applyed isnt the issue i have, when i run gpupdate from the server (picture shows 1 computer) it dosent show my other machines this is the problem

post-8026-0-70405500-1393248429_thumb.png

Edited by techyguyni
Guest techyguyni

Hi

Yes sorry should of mentioned that, Group Policy Management sanp-in is the one iam talking about. the computers are listed in the users and computers but not listed in the GPO Management sanp-in, I want to be able to push gpupdates to the computers on my network but iam not able to do that as there not listed in the management snap-in, They do receive gp updates from the server as iam unable to do certain admin tasks as my account is a standard user account, i can however login under the administrator account but this isnt the issue.