upsidedowncake

Remote Web Access works from iPhone, not MacBook Air

jmwills    283
jmwills

You don't forward ports on a machine basis. By any chance are you using home groups?

upsidedowncake    1
upsidedowncake

I have Verizon Fios and in the Actiontec (horrible router) menu the port forwarding seems to be tied to an IP.  I'm not sure if you select the IP for some particular reason but it forces you to select a device, then setup the custom port.

I have not been using home groups.

jmwills    283
jmwills

Ports are forwarded internally to a specific IP, such as your server, so since you can get to the dashboard, it much be working.  Just double check the forwarded ports aganst the IP address of the server.

Can you setup a test account along with an emptyfolder with only a blank text document for me to test? You would only need to give access to the one folder

upsidedowncake    1
upsidedowncake

Yes, I'm reasonably certain the ports are forwarded correctly.

I'd appreciate you taking a look, I set up an account.  Will PM you the login.

jmwills    283
jmwills

Check to see if all the services are running that are set to automatic.  This is a server side error.

upsidedowncake    1
upsidedowncake

There are three services that aren't running that I'm thinking may be possible??? 

Remote Access Auto Connection - Set to Manual - Not running

Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN - Set to Automatic(Delayed Start) - Tried to start this and it started and then stopped.  There are two of these listed in services.

Everything else listed automatic is running.

jmwills    283
jmwills

Forget those.  Just insure all the Automatic ones are started.  Do you have any AV program running on the server?

And you used the EXACT same Account to access the server form the phone as you did from a PC?

upsidedowncake    1
upsidedowncake

All services set to automatic are running, there were two that I had to turn on (one was ASUS and one was Windows Initialization Service).  Tried it again and no luck.

I have iHomeServer and Air Video Server running.  The only other programs at the moment are iTunes, CrashPlan, and ENET anti-virus.  I already tried disabling the anti-virus and trying with no luck either.

Exact same account used on all devices, it's the only account I use.  Appreciate all the continued help, sounds like you got the same error I did.  Any other ideas?

jmwills    283
jmwills

I have a suspicion that something went FUBAR when you enabled RWA so other than disabling it, rebooting , and starting over, I haven't a clue.

upsidedowncake    1
upsidedowncake

Not a bad idea, gave it a go and no luck though.  Guess I'll keep messing around with it, I agree it probably has to be server side, but for the life of me can't understand why the iPhone works and nothing else will.  Very strange.