RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

NEW: HPSUM 6.2; iLO 1.4; IP 1.60

Joe_Miner

Thanks, updating iLO and Broadcom firmware over RDP while I'm at work now :D

Wonder what iLO 1.40 brings us... updated fan profiles, perhaps? :)

Edited by tangcla

How do I update the Intelligent Provisioning firmware, do I have to download the ISO? I'm running 1.50.130 according to iLO --> Information --> System Information --> Firmware.

Funny thing, I updated my ILO from 1.3 -> 1.4 , grabbing the .bin file, logging directly into my ILO web page and following the steps in there to update.  I waited to ILO to restart and everything looked great!....sorta.  It said 1.4 and otherwise looked perfect, but then I received an email alert saying predictive failure of one of my drives....

VMWare shows it (the predictive failure) too.  It also has an alarm dated back to 1/31 but I don't think that's for the same thing.

How do I update the Intelligent Provisioning firmware, do I have to download the ISO? I'm running 1.50.130 according to iLO --> Information --> System Information --> Firmware.

I just burned the 1.60 to a DVD and loaded it in my USB DVD drive and rebooted the MS.

after another restart I hit F10 and went into it -- when you do a firmware update it sees the P222 and the FBWC -- my P222 was already updated to 5.22 but it says my FBWC needed and update to V0.44( B ) -- that I was currently at V0.00 [figures] but when I had it go ahead and update the update failed so I'm still on V0.00 on my FBWC Firmware -- 

Edited by Joe_Miner

I just burned the 1.60 to a DVD and loaded it in my USB DVD drive and rebooted the MS.

after another restart I hit F10 and went into it -- when you do a firmware update it sees the P222 and the FBWC -- my P222 was already updated to 5.22 but it says my FBWC needed and update to V0.44( B ) -- that I was currently at V0.00 [figures] but when I had it go ahead and update the update failed so I'm still on V0.00 on my FBWC Firmware -- 

Mine failed too. The description actually says it's for B-series cards.

So maybe we're good?  

What do you think of the revised interface?

I actually don't use IP :) I installed WS2012R2 manually so it's the first time I've gone into it.

Sweet! Thanks.

I updated the iLO first, then the Broadcom firmware.  I used the iLO to mount and boot the Intelligent Provisioning update from ISO, and upgraded it remotely.  Everything went smoothly.

Edited by LoneWolf