RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Moving to a new server with Drive Bender

okhomer

Hello.  I am moving to a new server.  I had 2012 ess. but the trial is up and I am going to use HS 2011.  I had Drive Bender installed and activated.  I have released the license so I can use it on 2011.  Is there anything else I should do so I don't lose my data?  Can I just uninstall it?  Would I need to remove the mounts?  Thanks.

A little more information about the drive(s) setup would be helpful.

I have 1 SSD for the OS and 7 HDs set up to pool in Drive Bender just like it use to be in WHS v1.  Is that what you are asking for?

That's it and I think someone had a post a few weeks back about doing the same thing.  IIRC, all they did was reinstall the OS and then the DE program and the pool was found with no issues.  However, I would never attempt something like this without a known working backup of my data.

Please post back on your results.  You can even give us progress posts if you can!

I will. Now I have to find a larger HD.  Grr.  I have a 120 GB SSD and WHS needs at least a 160 GB HD.  That sucks that I can't use my SSD for the OS.

There is a post about editing the config.iini file to let it install on a smaller drive.  Search!!  120 is a gracious plenty.