RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

My Setup Server 2012 r2 Essentials

Guest techyguyni

Guest techyguyni

Hi Guys

Thought I would post a few photos and maybe get others to add a few of there own, This is my current setup.

Iam running Windows Server 12 R2 Essentials with DHCP, DNS, WDS, I have just installed and setup a second server running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard with IIS running and hosting my partners bussiness site.

I have a wireless router acting as a wireless extender into the back of the house, about to change service provider and will have a spare one for upstairs, triangle formation for maximum range, all routers / Wireless AP's are N - G and A enabled.

Iam about to take delivery of my new firewall in the coming days so I will update with addtional photos.

I would like to see other setups and configurations, feel free to add to the list new pics of your equipment.

Enjoy

post-8026-0-65236600-1392748472_thumb.jpg

Well, actually you are.  You are not wired directly to the switch connected to the router.  I mean it works, but the read times form the server could be bad.

Guest techyguyni

Ahh sorry heads up my backside, Yes as a temp messure as i had to move my switch today, Waiting on the firewall arriving, Going to connect them to it directly, and run a feed out of the firewall to the wireless AP.

I recommend you connect everything to the switch rather than the router/firewall. I would only have 2 connections to the router/firewall, 1 to the switch and 1 to your ISPs modem (or the cable coming from your ISP if the router/firewall is both the firewall and modem).

• Like 1