RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Using HSS's Newegg click-thru with Firefox bookmarks

dvn

One of the things I really like about Firefox is the bookmark feature where you use a couple letters - say 'ne' for Newegg.com - to navigate to a site with just a couple of keystrokes in the address bar. If you're not already familiar with this, right-click on a saved bookmark and then enter a couple letters into the 'Keyword' field.

So what I've done is to substitute HSS's Newegg click-thru address -

www.tkqlhce.com/click-3070213-10440557

- for the usual www.newegg.com address. From now on, every time I use my 2-letter 'ne' shortcut I'll be helping the cause if I end up buying anything. ;-)

Sweet, I use Firefox all the time but I didn't know about using the Keyword field as a shortcut.

On the same subject (HSS's Newegg click-thru address), I just received a notice yesterday that Bing Cashback is going to be discontinued at the end of July. Since that removes the incentive to use the Bing site to access Newegg cashback we can easily show the love to Homeservershow.com.

I just bought 8 GB of RAM and forgot to use the click through link on the site.
I use Newegg frequently and will try to remember in the future. Thanks
for the tip.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a PS, Atom D510 mobo (Chris's pick for his sub-$300 build) and some RAM from Newegg using the click-thru as described above.

Now I'm wondering what percentage of my purchase gets kicked back to the site. Just curious, but I was also wondering if the percentage is the same for everyone, or do bigger sites receive a higher percentage? Anyone know?

Hey DVN,

Thanks for using the click-through. I see the purchase in my reports. I'm not sure about other sites and if the commission rates are different but I get 1% from all NewEgg.com sales. It's not much but does add up over time. Every little bit helps! I certainly appreciate all who purchase through the affiliate links.

Dave