RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

VPN client settings for Mac?

PetieG

What VPN options does OS X support?

From there, it differents.

If it supports SSTP, then as long as the website is accessible over "https://", then you're good to go. (this is the ideal protocol to use, and is the basis of DirectAccess, IIRC)

If it supports PPTP, then you need to open up port "1723" on your router as well (and you may need to enable PPTP passthrough on the router, depending on it's model)

Drashna is correct. DirectAccess operates over HTTPS port 443. Am actively using DA as a persistent VPN for remote family members. They are always connected to my WSE12 home domain as long as they have an active internet connection. No VPN dialing to initiate. If they lose connectivity, it's restored automatically when their internet connection goes back online. The WSE12 server dashboard also actively monitors their update status and health as if a local LAN client and the PCs are backed up as if local clients. Best kept secret of wSE12!

Yup. Though I've not setup DirectAccess on my server. 

SSTP still works, and is what the default VPN connection is created as, IIRC.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe OSX supports SSTP out of the box... But i see several free clients... I'll take a stab when i can and post back.  Ahhh... Nevermind... The Llameda Software's  EasySSTP works like a charm... I didn't even test, just put in credentials and it worked and has been steadily connected for 20 minutes.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  

Glad to hear it!

And WSE does support other VPN methods, but you must open ports to allow them. Which is why I prefer SSTP. No more additional ports to open. :)