RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Marvel Chipset question

jbates58

Hi all.

just wondering if the marvell 88SE9172 chipset will support and work with a SIL 3726 Port multiplier card. i cant find any info online, and their tech support was of no help.

Cheers

Jason

Yeah mate. I have been offered a gigabyte motherboard as a waranty replacement for my board that cant be repaired under waranty. I currently have a x58a-ud5 socket 1366. But the board has died and cant be repaired. So they offered me a g1 that is on the socket 2011. But that board 1.looks crap. 2. Dosent have enough sata ports. And 3. Is more expensive than the ud5, which looks better and has 10 sata ports. My system is a backblaze pod, and im trying to get away from the pci-e sata cards as i thinl they are bottlenecking my speeds. Evwn though the multipliers will be the next slowest link, im hoping that this helps with speed somewhat.

Also will swapping to 2011 be worth it, from my inderstanding, it was meant to be the next greatest thing but was to expensive, so they came out with the 115x sockets.

Cheers

Jason

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

or should i look into the 1150 Boards with the Z87 chipset. (if that supports the SIL3726 chipset.) as i can get broardwell on the 1150. which is a few architectures from the 2011 @ ivy bridge