RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How to Download the Windows 8.1 ISO

PCEddie

I have done some research and tried downloading the Windows 8.1 ISO but the problem I am having is the product keys I have are Windows 8 Pro. I am trying to download the Windows 8.1 ISO but all the processes I found so far refers me to here. Without a Windows 8 product key, I am at a stand still. I did renew my Technet subscription but there is not a Windows 8.1 ISO just the universal ISO that has Windows 8 and Windows 8 pro. When I enter my product key, I get the option to download Windows 8.1 Pro. I have tried different product keys and get the same result.

Has anyone successfully downloaded Windows 8.1 ISO? If so, how where you able to do it?

Thanks for any information. 

I'm with jmwillis.  Just ent to the TechNet page and there are three pages (26 different ISO variations) of Windows 8.1 to download.

http://technet.microsoft.com/subscriptions/downloads - main page

http://technet.microsoft.com/subscriptions/downloads#searchTerm=&ProductFamilyId=524&Languages=en&PageSize=10&PageIndex=0&FileId=0 - Win 8.1

I didn't even sign in to my account and I could hit the page. Not sure if you can use the second link directly, but the first link will take you to the page where all the OS's are listed. The very first link, under Top Products is Windows 8.1 Of course you have to sign n to download, but not just to access the page.

Sooooo, take away the TechNet Subscription service then, for good measure, bump up the price of Action Pack just to make things even more interesting. :P