• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drashna Jaelre

• jmwills

• Big Worm

Guest techyguyni

Ah interesting. i was installing exchange server last night in a hyperv enviroment and its stoped halfway through, i was installing exchange onto server standard 2012 r2 and i have essentials installed already, can i install exchange server in this situation? will it work? do i need to configure dns or dc options on essentails, also and maybe for another thred, but forgetting what ive just mentioned, if i have essentials r2 and standard installed on the same network can i use the standard as a iis server and how or will i need to confiigure essentials dns to give access to my iss server outside my network? sorry about the multi questions in this, i can always open a new thred if needed!!

thanks

Edited by techyguyni
Drashna Jaelre

You could restore the imsge to a USB connected drive to antvworking system. In other words, take the new drive , place in a docking station, and restore the imsge to it. Thats it.

Or run "wpeutil InitializeNetwork" I believe it was, and browse to the shared folder.

And hope it works.

Ah interesting. i was installing exchange server last night in a hyperv enviroment and its stoped halfway through, i was installing exchange onto server standard 2012 r2 and i have essentials installed already, can i install exchange server in this situation? will it work? do i need to configure dns or dc options on essentails, also and maybe for another thred, but forgetting what ive just mentioned, if i have essentials r2 and standard installed on the same network can i use the standard as a iis server and how or will i need to confiigure essentials dns to give access to my iss server outside my network? sorry about the multi questions in this, i can always open a new thred if needed!!

thanks

Exchange isn't supported on the same "box", you'd need a box or VM that is JOINED to the domain first. 

Confirm that is the case. Also, Exchange 2013 will not install on Server 2012R2.

Drashna Jaelre

.... Yes?

If the server taht WDS is on a) is a domain controller, B) has the correct image to install from, and c) the other server doesn't require being a PDC., then this should be doable.