RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Huge roaming profile

Renny

Well turns out the culprit was the "Mobile Syncing" folder under a directory entitled Apple Computer.

Copied to another drive and deleted off C:.

Will have to wait to see if this causes any issues.

Thanks for your help folks

Drashna Jaelre

Ah, well that would do it.

Also, don't know why I didn't think of it before, but "WinDirStat" is always useful for stuff like this, as well.

You know, I have used that before too. Didn't cross my mind.

Anyway, the folder has not updated since 2012 so here's hoping it doesn't grow back.

Poppapete

Apple iTunes totally takes over your system and keeps working day and night and there many programs that do a far better job.

That does not mean apple products are no good. I am the only person in my family of 7 that has a windows phone, they all think I'm mad or stupid or both!!!

Edited by Poppapete
  • Like 1

I am a Windows guy too. but I had to decide on a mobile solution 2.5 years ago and frankly, at that time, it was Apple or the highway.

So it bit the bullit and bought an iPad2 and set about making it yield to my Microsoft environment. Well, long story short "there are apps for that"

A few months later I bought an iPhone 4s same thing. I think the iPhone is a bit small (especially for typing) bit otherwise it does what I need no problem.

But iTunes sucks and I only use it under duress.

I dont know why it created this huge roaming profile on my friends PC, but hopefully its now fixed.

If the files haven't been accessed or modified since 2012 it sounds like it's pretty safe to get rid of them :) And, totally agree, iTunes on Windows sucks.... big time. According to Mac user friends it's much better on a Mac..... conspiracy anyone? ;)