• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jem101

• jmwills

• ikon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Drashna Jaelre

Exchange Server is a great email server, but it's a LOT of server for typical home use. I've run Exchange Server setups in business, but I decided to go another route for my home LAN.

Yeah, thanks. Now I may have to *not* install Exchange just for the challenge of it. :(:P

Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing Ability Mail to Exchange. Exchange clearly has more features, especially when combined with Outlook. But, administration is way simpler and it does have the facility to use alternate ports so it can be configured to work with ISPs who block port 25 outbound.

Drashna Jaelre

Yeah, but no version of Exchange supports Server 2012R2.  Exchange 2013 is waiting on an update/SP to add R2 support. Which is crazy...

In fact, technically, it doesn't even support the 2012R2 domain function level, in theory.  And guess what versions of Server I'm running.

Drashna Jaelre

I'm fairly certain. :)

Especially as I recently upgraded the server to 32GBs (I was running out of RAM when I was trying to run 3 VMs).

And I'd like to setup my own mail server. Even if I'm the only one that uses. Does Ability Mail Server support LDAP/AD authentication?