RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HP P222 Start-UP

Joe_Miner

UnBoxed my P222 this evening.

What do I have to do to install this in a Gen8 already running Server 2012 -- my OS drive is 2 VR's mounted on a SDM and controlled by the B120i (RAID0).

I was wanting to just put 4 Test Drives in teh cage -- set them to RAID5 on the P222 (which worked) and fire it up thinking the B120i would fire it up (didn't work) and S2012 would alert me to missing drivers for the P222.  then just load the drivers and any firmware updates and away I go.......................

Instead it hung up on S2012 Startup -- so this isn't as easy as I thought/hoped?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ikon

• Joe_Miner

• schoondoggy

• LoneWolf

With the P222 not in the system, I would extract the Server 2012 driver for the P222 onto your Server 2012 OS drive. I would then install the P222 and update the firmware. Then I would boot the system and it should find the driver and start working.

Yikes!

Looks like they started this in February. Bad idea. Oracle did this after they bought Sun. It killed the used Sun market.

Try using HP SUM.

I tried IP last night but it didn't show a firmware update for the P222 (my version on the P222 is 1.28 if memory serves me correctly) -- the firmware update only showed IP 1.5, iLO 1.30 and the ROMPaq  last July/Aug I believe.

The restriction on Firmware update is across the board -- even on P410 and P400 controllers!  Seriously!

I tapped on the link in the message on the download page, 'existing warranties & contracts'. Now it gives me access to firmware.

4.68 is the latest firmware for the P222.