RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Poca update now available.

axoid

Hello all,
I wanted to get this out earlier, but it has been interesting couple months: sprained ankle, crashed car, new girl friend, 65 hr work weeks, the start of the racing season and all the other things that come with summer. But finally here is an update.

The new version 0.7.10.0603 can be found here

This update fixes a few bugs and adds some requested enhancements.

- Prevent the sleep time from being set to a value less than 5.
- Added the feature to console UI to refresh the service's status. The status bar now lists the name of any feed that is being checked or downloaded.
- Added a "Download Feed Now" button to the UI. It forces the service download the currently highlighted feed immediately.
- Added to the service a check on the output file name to remove any characters that are invalid in the Windows file system.
- Removed from logging the creation of the individual serious error files. The contents are still written to the standard log files.
- Added to the logs the output of thread ids to each log messages.
- Added checks to help make the writing of the configuration XML files thread safe.
- Moved the configuration setting files and logs from the "Public" share to a folder on C drive (C:\Program Files\IrSoftware\Poca). This should solve the problem with German language version of Windows Home Server. This version of Service will automatically copy the configuration files from the old location to the new.

• 2 months later...

I'm really liking Poca. I was wondering if you could add settings allowing me to remove 'old' files. Parameters could be based on things like age of the file, max number of files per podcast, etc.

I'm really liking Poca. I was wondering if you could add settings allowing me to remove 'old' files. Parameters could be based on things like age of the file, max number of files per podcast, etc.

I just started using Poca and like what I see so far. I'd also like to second the request for intelligent removal above. Also, I would like an option to change the downloaded file's name to the title of the episode (if one exists).

Thanks for the effort.

• 2 months later...

Hi there

Glad to see that your troubles are stories of the past. Also glad to stumble on this thread and to locate this update.

I'm gonna give it a try ASAP and provide you with my feedback. Hopefully, some issues I had with some podcasts are fixed.

For the record : I love the Poca/WHS/Add-in way because it is independant of the UPNP server. So whether you decide to use Twonky, TVersity, WMC etc ... your podcasts are made available as simple files that every piece of software I've just mentionned knows how to handle.

Yvonus

• 3 weeks later...

Here come my comments after a few tries my this new update.

It's still a beta, so it'll be mainly bug reports and suggestions.

File names : they are ok with this RSS feed from BBC http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/wpr/rss.xml

The XML file including file URLs like http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/wpr/wpr_20101113-1130.mp3 and the downloaded file is wpr_<date>.mp3.

However, for this french feed http://www.rtl.fr/podcast/le-choix-de-yves-calvi.xml, the URL of a podcast is http://media.rtl.fr/online/sound/2010/1112/7635937487_le-choix-de-yves-calvi-du-12-nov-2010.mp3 so the file should be something like 7635937487_le-choix-de-yves-calvi-du-12-nov-2010.mp3.

Sadly, it ends up with an awful one :

273073201584.mp3c=INFORMATION&p=RTL_Matin&l3=Le_choix_de_yves_calvi&l4=&media_url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.rtl.fr%2Fonline%2Fsound%2F2010%2F1112%2F7635937487_le-choix-de-yves-calvi-du-12-nov-2010.mp3

Customising MP3 tags & file names : seconding nbliblie, I second the suggestion to allow customization of file name first, but also main MP3 tags.

The french radio whose feed is given below is producing files with empty album/title/author tags.

The "Add/Change" podcast dialog could be :

[x] Customize file name : PodcastOfMyFavoriteShow%DATE%

[ ] Customize "author tag" (MP3 only) : Joe Public

etc...

Of course, the file name customization would allow special fields as %MP3 author% is such fields are used and you want your file name to mention it.

Time zone : only a detail. It would be nice to have the "Publish date" shown without any reference to timezone. It's easier to read 08:30 on my WHS compared to 06h30 GMT+2h00 :-)

That's it for today

Yvonus

Edited by yvonus