RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 712318-001

ayado

Hi All,

I just recently got my first gen8 and have been trying to set it up with no success yet. I have 1 2.5 drive and a 3.5 seagate 3T drive in bay 1. The issue I am having is that the bay 1 drive is not being seen by the array configuration utility. If I change the modes of the sata in bios, the system on boot does recognize both of the drives which includes the one in bay 1. But that going that route I have lose the ability to setup the arrays.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

I have also tried this without the 2.5 drive being hooked up and no drives show up even through I have a 3.5 Seagate drive connected.

Edited by ayado

have you updated the bios and iLo to the latest version?

Can you post a picture of the ACU screen where you are only seeing the single drive?

I would also recommend trying the offline version of ACU to configure the drives.

I will post some pictures for you to look at and thank you for your help on this. FYI great job on the HDD mounting plate design can't wait for it to come out.

I think I found the issue schoondoggy, it looks like it is the brand new drive I bought from tigerdirect. I have placed a different 2.5 drive that I had laying around and the ACU saw it and I was able to add it to an array. It also saw my 2.5 that I have in the ODD port and was also able to add that to an array of its own. Looks like I just needed to do some more testing and not just rely on it being new that it will work. 

I do have something new to ask to see what you think could be causing the issue. I have added a picture of the ACU where it keeps coming up with that error that it shows on the screen. Can you tell me where I can fix this issue?

Array controller read cache was configured for controller dynamic Smart Array B120i  raid in embedded slot, but the system was unable to allocate the requsted system memory. The read cache memory is set to 0MiB.

dc3q

Edited by ayado