RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Gen8 & WS2012E install

MnhtnAvy

So I've been searching the forums for a while and thought i got all the info I needed... Ordered the server drives and memory... I've followed all the posts about installing and setting up this lil box, but I'm stuck for just about 12 hours now trying to install the OS.  I'm using the intelligent Provisioning and i'm trying to load WS 2012 E.  

It gets to the point where it goes to install the software and it states No Images Available ( Windows Setup Screen).  Anyone ever seen this?  I'm driving myself nuts with this...

Sorry should have stated that before loading off USB, I've tried a thumb drive and a 1tb external I have.  Does it matter what ports are used?

Thats what i thought. I tried the front ports aswell as the internal. I really want to get it working with the IP. I've read that you've installed the os manually how much of a pain was it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

16gb thumbdrive. Yea its an iso not yet i have to get some dl disks today and try. Just burn the file to the disk as an iso dont extract correct?

Folllowing some of the posts i found i juat copied the iso to the usb drive and let the intelligent provisiong do the trick. I did make an install stick lasr night but just havent tried it yet. Ill try both and let you know my findings. Thanks schoondoggy!

Just Tried it with the Disc ( burned Disc as a data disc dumped the iso and burned it) when I'm in the Intelligent Provisioning and select disc it finds the drive and states unable to find any valid media.. I tried the other tool that you mentioned schoondoggy, that didnt seem to work thru IP either