RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Why does HP make it difficult to find firmware files?

riahc3

Im trying to search thru HP's site to see if any new firmware is avalilable but they simply dont list the firmwares that are avaliable!

im.png

It just lists drivers for OSs....

Did you go deeper into the OS selections? I do agree the HP site has always been a little difficult to navigate

Tried this but I cant find any way to just search and apply the latest firmware.

Just faster asking:

System ROM J06 08/24/2013

Backup System ROM 08/24/2013

iLO Firmware Version 1.30 Jul 18 2013

• 2 weeks later...

"Important note: HP ProLiant Server firmware access

"Starting February 2014, an active warranty or contract is required to access HP ProLiant Server firmware updates. View your existing contracts & warranties or get help linking contracts or warranties to your HP Support Center user profile. To obtain additional support coverage, please contact your local HP office, HP representative, or visit Contact HP. Click here for more information:"

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/kb/docDisplay/?docId=emr_na-c04044353

--though today I'm seeing the same downloads listed, including the "BIOS - System Rom" section (still J06 btw), whether or not I enter my "in-warranty" server serial # first

"Why is HP making this change?

This change brings HP into alignment with current industry practices for HP firmware updates and SPP distribution"

My response to this - horse manure.  Dell PowerEdge servers have complete access to full firmware updates.

JUNK! So, basically cannot update my firmware at all now?

And tried that SUM update thing... garbage.... Should be like other systems. Get the firmware file and flash it in DOS.

Nice machine, but very disappointed in HPs stupid ways lately.

Edited by NateN34