RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

N54L and ESXi power data

jprice46

Hi all,

Has anyone been able to extract power consumption data from within the VSphere Client for a HP N54L running ESXi 5.5?  Today the vsphere client reports a flat "0 Watts" of power consumption for the host and guests.

I have been hunting around and I think the answer is that the HP PSU/mobo do not provide any consumption data for vsphere, but was hoping someone could tell me I'm wrong. 

If its a lost cause, then I'll need to be content with periodically plugging in a power point meter for my buzz anal desire for data and graphs.  I have tried loading the offline HP drivers and utilities into ESXi, but sadly it didn't help.

Ta.

I dont think the N54L has the sensors that ESXi is looking for. The microserver G8 has the 'sea of sensors' chance are it would give you the info you are looking for.

My Christmas self indulgence budget didn't extend to a G8, so picked up a cheap G7.  My reading of vendor and forum posts had settled upon hardware limitation being the final answer, so went fishing with this post on pot luck to be proven wrong. 

Sadly, thanks for confirming.