RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

CyberPower Software

Poppapete

I have 2 CyberPower PSW UPS's and have them connected by USB, one to my desktop and one to my 2012E server. I run the PowerPanel Personal Edition software on each which I find gives all the information & control I need. If I buy a 3rd UPS which will be connected to peripherals such as routers switches etc. Can I connect it via USB to the same desktop and get control? Will the software handle multiple UPS USB input? If not, will the PowerPanel Business Edition software do this?

Edited by Poppapete

Some time ago, I had a scenario where a server with dual power supplies was running on two APC UPS, one on each supply. The APC software would only manage one UPS, but after a call to APC we found we could load a second copy of the software and manage each UPS with its own instance of the APC software.

I would recommend you check with CyberPower support. 

Well that's a solution I never thought of!

Website says you can only monitor/connect one UPS to each computer with the personal edition software.

I will email CyberPower and ask if the Business Edition works with the PFC Sinewave series and if it will monitor more than 1 UPS on a single PC with W8.

Edited by Poppapete

I'm curious why you need to monitor and control a UPS that is connected to a router and switches?  For a PC the most valuable part of communicating with the UPS is to know when to start shutting down when the reserves are getting used up so you don't have a hard shutdown.

The software gives all the information that the LED on the machine gives so it just means I don't have to get down on my hands and knees ( I am 66) to read all the parameters such as how the battery is charging etc..

Edited by Poppapete

A shelf mounted to the back wall? Perhaps take a shelf out of that rack on the right and stack them side by side? We're old man, we gotta compromise ;)

I did email CyberPower and this is the reply.

"

Dear Customers:

Thanks for choosing CyberPower products.

The PowerPanel Business edition is be used for professional series UPS model. Please install PowerPanel Personal edition software for manage CP1500EPFCLCD.

Thanks"

I will still try the Business Edition when I get a chance!

Edited by Poppapete